Come join ACOSE for our last guest speaker event of the semester this Thursday 12PM, November 11th, at the Park Blvd room on the first floor of the Student Union! ACOSE is very excited to have Jeffrey Riordan speak to us and give more insight on his experiences as a Principal Electrical Engineer at Northrop Grumman. Students of all majors are welcome to attend. Let your friends know so that they don’t miss out on this great opportunity!
Join us on Thursday, October 20 at 12PM for ACOSE’s first speaker event of the year! Sanjiv Gupta, Director of Systems Engineering at Northrop Grumman, will be discussing his experience as a Systems Engineer at Northrop Grumman. Come to the Pride Suite in the Aztec Student Union on the first floor to gain more insight on the industry of Systems Engineering and meet recruiters from Northrop Grumman. Make sure to bring your resume with you for possible internship/job opportunities!
The Aztec Council on Systems Engineering is having our first General Body Meeting this Thursday, September 22! If you are interested in learning more about Systems Engineering and all the fun social and speaker events we will be having throughout the year come to the Engineering Building room E-203.
Feel free to contact us via email or discord to learn more about our club and upcoming events! Scan the QR code labeled “Email” or click the link below to be added to our email list for this Fall 2022 Semester.
Primary Conference Topic Areas:
- Digital Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Social Sciences
- Systems Thinking
- Telecommunications and 5G
- Agile and DevOps
- and more
Important Conference Information:
Dates: September 17-19 (Friday-Sunday), 2021. Times vary by day – see the full program schedule here.
Location: Courtyard by Marriott, San Diego Airport/Liberty Station. 2592 Laning Road, San Diego, California 92106 (Google Maps)
Conference Format: Both In-Person and Virtual options. In-person registrants will also have a virtual connection.
In-Person Attendance (includes access to the virtual platform):
– INCOSE members: $300 Regular/$200 Senior/$50 Student
– Non-INCOSE members: $350 Regular/$250 Senior/$75 Student
– INCOSE members: $225 Regular/$150 Senior/$40 Student
The Importance of “Going Digital” in the U.S. Navy
Space Range: Building a Cyber-Physical Digital Twin for Assessing Cyber Resilience
Join us on August 28th and 29th, 2021, for a 2-day VIRTUAL workshop by Mr. David Mason, ESEP and SEP instructor, on the essential elements of Version 4 of the INCOSE Systems Engineering Handbook to aid audience members to prepare themselves for the INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional (SEP) certification examination.
This workshop is an exceptional value and an excellent introduction to the material found on the INCOSE SEP exam. Don’t miss it – prepare now!
This workshop is jointly presented by the Los Angeles and San Diego chapters of INCOSE.
Dates: Saturday and Sunday, 28-29 August, 2021, 9am-5pm Pacific Time (PT)
Cost: $40 Register
Webcast Details: This presentation will use Zoom. Login information will be provided to registered participants before the event.
The workshop will address major concepts in the Systems Engineering Handbook (SEH), to include:
- Life Cycle technical and technical management processes (IEEE 15288) and the SE V diagram
- Cross-cutting SE methods
- N2 Diagram of SE processes
- Tailoring programs
- Specialty engineering activities, including affordability/cost-effectiveness, life-cycle costs (LLC), Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Environmental Engineering, Human Systems Integration (HSI) Interoperability, Logistics, and others.
- Practice questions similar to those found on the SEP knowledge exam.
The workshop will use a combination of audience dialogue, assorted work assignments, and homework to aid the audience members in comprehending the concepts presented in the SEH and INCOSE SEP exam. As noted, it will also include practice problems similar to the exam questions!
Notice – INCOSE San Diego will also offer an inexpensive SEP paper test at the 2021 WSRC on September 17th. See more information HERE.
About Systems Engineering Professional Certification:
Approximately 3500 INCOSE members have obtained professional INCOSE systems engineering certification – what about you?
INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional certification is similar to United States engineering professional engineering (PE) licenses, but instead of being issued by states, members are certified by INCOSE.
There are 3 levels of INCOSE SE certification, based on demonstrated SE experience and passing the knowledge exam:
- Associative Systems Engineering Professional (ASEP) – For members at the beginning of their systems engineer career.
- Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) – For practicing Systems Engineers with more than five years of systems engineering professional work experience.
- Expert Systems Engineering Professional (ESEP) – For systems engineering leaders with recognized systems accomplishments and many years of systems engineering professional work experience. There are only just over 300 ESEPs!
Read more on the certification levels Here.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com for more information!